Cultural Competence to CQ
Welcome to LearnCQ.com, brought to you by The Cultural Intelligence Center. Organizations all over the world understand the critical importance of cultural competence or multicultural competence. But what exactly do they mean by cultural competence? With over 300 cultural competency models and assessments, how do you find the one that will best support your needs? We would like to introduce you to Cultural Intelligence or CQ. Learn more below, start your path toward Cultural Intelligence.
What is Cultural Intelligence and how does it relate to
Cultural Competency / Multicultural Competence?
Definition of Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
CULTURAL INTELLIGENCE, or CQ, is a globally recognized way of assessing and improving effectiveness in culturally diverse situations. It’s rooted in rigorous, academic research conducted across more than 100 countries. Research demonstrates that people with high CQ make high quality decisions. They are also effective leaders, high performers, creative, skilled negotiators, trusted, and resistant to burnout – all in culturally diverse situations.
Cultural Competency Models
Cultural intelligence, like most cultural competency models, highlights the importance of self-awareness and cultural sensitivity for working and relating effectively with people from a diversity of backgrounds.
The CQ Difference
Cultural intelligence has a few key differences from many of the other cultural competency models:
- CQ goes beyond cultural awareness to an emphasis on the skills needed for working effectively with people from different backgrounds. You can be very culturally sensitive and have zero ability to effectively collaborate on a multicultural team. CQ ensures you have both.
- CQ is a research-based approach for measuring and developing cultural competence. A review of the ten leading cultural competence assessments found CQ to be more the most valid predictor of performance in culturally diverse contexts.
- CQ goes beyond cultural stereotypes about Germans, African Americans, or Millennials and provides a dynamic model that can be applied to any cultural situation. CQ is something you can use to work with anyone, anywhere rather than assuming everyone from one place is the same.
- CQ is personalized to each individual and organization. Rather than using a one-size fits all approach to cultural competence, individuals can focus on the CQ capabilities where they need the most development.
The Pathway to Cultural Intelligence Begins With:
Measuring Your CQ
Our world is more complex, dynamic, and competitive than ever. You may find yourself asking:
How do I communicate or work effectively with diverse colleagues, friends, family, neighbors, and others?
How do I establish authentic and gratifying business and personal relationships without compromising my own values?
How do I advance my career and succeed in diverse settings?
The answer is Cultural Intelligence.
Beginning your CQ journey starts with measuring your Cultural Intelligence with the CQ Pro Assessment. This assessment measures your ability to work and relate across global cultures by measuring skills in four distinct areas: CQ Drive, CQ Knowledge, CQ Action, and CQ Strategy.
Hundreds of thousands of individuals from over 168 countries have taken the CQ Assessment to measure their intercultural effectiveness and to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and those they interact with daily.
Developing Your CQ
- What do my scores mean?
- How can I improve?
- How do I compare with individuals worldwide?
- How do I leverage my cultural intelligence in the real-world?
Succeeding With CQ
The final step is to use what you’ve learned to get a global advantage. Top employers from around the globe are eager to hire individuals with high CQ. The CQ Credential: A Masterclass in Cultural Intelligence is the final step in honing in and refining your CQ skills while also getting the credentials you need to set yourself apart globally.
Upon completion of the full CQ Masterclass, you’ll receive digital credentials to showcase your CQ advantage to the world.
Retail $99, On Sale for $85
The Cultural Intelligence Advantage
Former Chairman and CEO of Amway
The Leadership Challenge
Our Body of CQ Research
The Cultural Intelligence Center utilizes a rigorous research process consisting of:
Years of Experience
Getting Started with Cultural Intelligence
Our research-based assessments are designed to measure effectiveness in diverse situations and to promote a deeper understanding of our own approaches to life and work and how those compare to others.
CQ Online Learning
Detailed, interactive and based on the same rigorous research as all our training and certification offerings. E- Learning courses are an excellent way to debrief an assessment or provide training to anyone.
Stay Connected With Us
Begin Your Journey
Sign-up for our free learning portal by creating an account below. Returning users be sure to Log In.